Send resume to email@example.com
IT Networking Engineer
- Maintain corporate infrastructure, identify risk to operations and escalate potential issues
- Ensure a regular backup process for all critical server data.
- Manage and monitor the internal corporate network to identify bottle necks
- Identify IT hardware and/ or IT software needs, compile cost and justification documentation for purchase.
- Manage and monitor the test lab to ensure device availability for Software development and testing.
- Manage test lab for necessary test environments and set up including L2 and L3 links , Storage, Virtualization, Demo's etc.,
- Provide advanced IT support for development of software that facilitates emerging technologies using Openstack, Vmware, KVM etc.,
- Disaster recovery maintenance, planning and testing
- Create or maintain infrastructure documentation
- Create and maintain and distribute SOP related to IT activities, security policies, practices etc.,
- Maintain/Enforce network security and security software, virus protection etc.,.
- Provide IT support at all level or afterhours as needed
Skills To Be Successful In This Positon:
- 3-5 years software quality testing in a large software environmentStrong Linux systems installation and administration skills including CentOS/RH experience (Bash, user administration)
- Strong Windows systems installation and administration skills including windows 2008,2012 server
- OS and network configuration experience to support corporate infrastructure.
- Experience trouble shooting routers, switches, firewall, vpn etc.
- Experience managing and supporting a test lab consisting of a wide variety of Networking gear including Cisco, Juniper, Dell Networking , Cumulus, F5, Virtual Appliances etc.
- Filesystem administration
- Storage and data backup experience
- Fluent with configuration automation tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Openstack, VMware, NFV/NFVI, cloud virtualization and SDN is highly desirable
- Experience working in customer-facing production environments.
- Scripting experience: Ruby, Python, Perl,Bash etc.
- Experience with Oracle /Mysql installation ( Oracle configuration and tuning experience is a plus)
- Experience with wireless infrastructure set up and configuration
- Experience configuring and maintaining servers - web servers, wki, jira, version control servers, build servers etc.,
Additional Skills (competencies and desirable capabilities):
- BS Degree in CS or related field or equivalent level of experience
- CCNP certification or equivalent level of experience
- Java Programing