Career OpportunitiesPlease send resume's to email@example.com
Resident Engineer, Kuala Lumpur:
Dorado Software, Inc. is the market leader in infrastructure management for heterogeneous environments. Dorado gives IT and Network teams the power to view, deploy, configure and control their network resources via a single solution, offering an economical and efficient alternative to the multiple disparate systems traditionally used to manage networks.
Resident Engineer (RE) shall be stationed at the assigned customer's premises in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur geographic area) during normal working hours, as well as odd hours as requested by the client. The functions of Resident Engineer are listed as below but not limited to:
- Involved in a Service Provider's service roll-out.
- Troubleshooting and operations support for the client.
- Work with client to troubleshoot and resolve system faults.
- Prioritize fault resolution based upon mutually agreed priorities with the client.
- Work jointly with client for planned activities, such as testing, migrations, and disaster recovery exercises.
- Perform software installations and upgrades and assist the client with related server administration, as required for the client's Software Product deployment.
- Managing and tracking open trouble tickets, SCRs, and open bug reports.
- Perform as customer technical liaison between the client and Dorado Software support and development teams located in the United States.
- Testing of product features and functionality on-site.
- Regularly conduct hands-on transfer of information (knowledge sharing sessions) with the client's staff.
- Redcell deployment optimization and enhancement analysis.
- Provide input and recommendations to fine tune and improve processes/use of Dorado Software's products in the client's environment.
- Capture customer's product enhancement requirements and provide documentation and communication with Dorado Software's Product Management & Product Development Teams.
Professional Skills and Experience
The selected Resident Engineer shall meet the following criteria:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written). Must be proficient with verbal and written communication using the English Language and Bahasa Malaysia Language.
- A minimum of 4 years professional experience with specific network management and service provisioning application experience.
- Able to work odd hours and upon short notice as requested by the client.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and be self-managing.
- Proven experience creating and executing Test Plans.
- Proven experience performing business requirement analysis and documenting requirements.
Required Technical Skills/Experience
- Knowledge on network management standards.
- Understanding of TCP and UDP protocols.
- Hands-on experience configuring services for at least one of the following Vendor's IP NGN devices: Cisco, Juniper, 3 Com, Huawei.
- Hands-on experience configuring routers or Ethernet switches for multiple vendors.
- Understanding of common topologies, including physical and logical links.
- Solid understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network services including MPLS VPNs (Layer 2 and Layer 3), IPSEC, NAT/Firewall(SFW), IDS.
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols is a must (BGP, OSPF, RIP).
- Experience configuring and utilizing IP based network management protocols, including SNMP, Telnet and SSH.
- Configuration and Interaction with File Servers (TFTP, FTP and SCP).
- Understanding of Multicast.
- Hands on experience with network testing and troubleshooting tools:
- Packet Capture Tools
- Protocol/Analysis Tools
- Packet Simulation/Traffic Emulation Tools
- Experience with Network testing and troubleshooting tools:
- SNMP Agent Emulation Tools (MIMIC, Simple Agent Pro)
- SNMP MIB Browsers
- CLI communication Emulation Tools
Additional Desired Skills/Experience
Skills listed below are also desireable of the person filling the RE position:
- Network Service Vendor Certification: any of the following (Juniper: JNCIS or JNCIP, Cisco: CCNP or CCIE).
- Solid understanding of any of the operating system, configuration file structure, and applicable EMS's for the following vendor's device families:
- Juniper JUNOS M/T/J and MX Series Routers
- Juniper JUNOS EX Series Devices
- Juniper E-Series BRAS Devices
- Juniper N-Series Devices
- Cisco IOS Routers and Switches
- 3Com Routers (CPE device families in particular)
- Huawei Devices (BRAS, CPE, or Edge Router models)
- Experience Configuring MPLS Layer 2 or Layer 3 VPN services.
- Experience defining Regular Expressions (RegEx) to Parse and Process Data Obtained from Network Devices using a Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Experience creating, testing and deploying Perl Scripts.
- Experience deploying and testing Web Service applications, using industry standard and open source tools for test automation.
- Experience performing and testing integration between multiple EMS and OSS software systems.
- Software Testing and Implementation Skills, including any of the following technologies: Java. Web Services(SOAP/WSDL), XML, HTTP.
Please send resume's to firstname.lastname@example.org