Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Engineer 1 - Redcell Application Development
The candidate shall be responsible for the definition, coding, testing and maintenance of software for the Redcell product suite.
- Design and develop software components used for configuring and monitoring network or IT infrastructure within the Redcell Product Suite
- Analysis shall include determining and characterizing the capabilities of network management software in order to meet market and customer based requirements
- Work closely under the direction of the team lead engineer and with the Redcell software development teams to ensure seamless integration with the existing features in the Redcell product suite
- Test and support deployment of software modules.
- Adhere to software development process, internal standards and architectural integrity of the Redcell system
- Course studies or job experience working with one or more structured, object oriented programming languages, including Java.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Course work and/or work experience with the Java programming language
- Software Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation Skills, including any of the following technologies:
- Java. Web services(SOAP/WSDL), XML, HTTP.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design and Coding principals.
- Understanding of TCP and UDP protocols.
- Willingness and ability to rapidly learn new technologies and tool sets.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with Source Control systems - Perforce, Clearcase or other source code revision control systems.
- Experience with software test automation tools (JUnit, Silk, WinRunner).
- IP network programming, troubleshooting and debugging experience with C++ or Java.
- Graphical User Interface Development.
- Course studies covering basic IP Networking concepts (LANs, WANs, Routers, Switches).
- Knowledge on network management standards.
- Knowledge of common IP based network management protocols, including SNMP, Telnet and SSH.