Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Engineer II - Product Development - Performance Management Component
The candidate shall be responsible for the definition, design, development, testing and maintenance of the Performance Management application within Dorado Software's Redcell product suite.
- Create, modify and maintain software applications for collecting and managing performance data from network resources (switches, routers, network appliances, servers, storage devices, and more).
- Develop functional requirements, design documents, and release documentation for identifying the changes being made to the software.
- Ensuring designs and code are fully documented.
- Document, report and escalate project issues/defects.
- Perform software development tasks within project guidelines/timelines.
- Work with software development team members to ensure seamless integration with the existing features in the Redcell product suite.
- Adhere to software development process, internal standards and architectural integrity of the Redcell system.
- Professional experience creating and maintaining software using the Java programming language.
- Experience managing very large data volumes within a database of teh Java JVM.
- Experience working with the collection and processing of performance metrics gathered via SNMP.
- Experience working with the collection and processing of NETFLOW data.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and familiarization with UML.
- Experience with system level analysis of complex problems
- Experience working directly with customers to identify and resolve problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Proven ability applying design patterns.
- Strong database management background
- Willingness and ability to rapidly learn new technologies and tool sets
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Understanding of formal software development practices, including Object Oriented Use Case Development.
- Experience with Source Control systems - Perforce, GIT or other source code revision control systems.
- Experience with software test automation tools (JUnit, Silk, WinRunner).
- IP network programming, troubleshooting and debugging experience with Java.
- Voice and Multimedia Technologies (SIP, RTP/RTCP and multimedia technologies)