News: Press Release
Dorado Software Announces Dell OpenManage Network Manager with Virtualization, High Availability and Expanded Multi-vendor Support
OpenManage Network Manager 6.1 Offers Large Customers Scalability and Disaster Recovery, New Virtualization Features and Wider Breadth of Networking Device Support
FOLSOM, CA, October 16, 2015 – Dorado Software, Inc., leading provider of integrated Resource Management, Performance Monitoring and Service Orchestration software and OEM provider of Dell OpenManage Network Manager (OMNM), announced the general availability of OMNM 6.1, their centralized network management solution to unify network element management and simplify deployment of multi-vendor networks, with new virtualization features and enhanced scalability for disaster recovery. In addition, the newest release offers Dell and non-Dell networking end users broader Dell model and firmware support, a new VMware virtual appliance installation, new device support from other networking equipment manufacturers, and key ease-of-use product enhancements. The solution will be featured at Dell World in Dorado's booth #2006 on October 20-22, in Austin, Texas.
OMNM 6.1 Highlights
- High availability features for server redundancy, large network/device counts and disaster recovery
- Manage virtualization assets and inventory including VMware, HyperV, ESX
- Expanded inventory End-of-Life (EOL) and End-of-Service (EOS) tracking and reporting
- Multi-tenancy offers support for multiple client organizations from a single instance and ability to control managed inventory access, views and actions using multi-tenant sites
- New "Find Physical Connection" feature to easily locate the OMNM managed device given an IP or MAC from an unmanaged (or managed) but physically connected node.
- Enhanced traffic flow analysis reporting, allowing data export to .csv for custom data manipulation/analysis
- Quick start up using a pre-installed OMNM Virtual Machine, including VMware virtual image for OMNM
- Highly customizable network topology in Visio
- Secure user authentication in OMNM with RADIUS authentication integration
- Added Oracle support
New or Enhanced OMNM Device Drivers
- Enhanced Cumulus Driver - S3048-ON, S4048-ON
- New Brocade Vyatta v5400 (Virtual device)
- Expanded support for more SonicWall Security Devices, Cisco Lan Switch /Small Business, HP Procurve, 3Com
Dell Networking Updated DNOS Firmware Support
- OS 6.2.6.x, 3.0 (New X-series), 2.0 (VRTX)
- FTOS - C9010, S Series
OMNM Additional Features
- ProScan configuration audit helps you track down and correct configuration issues
- Active Performance Monitors allow for proactive customization of performance monitoring
- Resource Discovery Wizard simplifies discovery of IP-based network elements
- Resource management enables easy configuration of single switches
- Resource group management provides one-to-many switch configuration
- Inventory reporting shows what you have and where is located
- Advanced scheduling schedules key tasks, such as backup and configuration changes
- Event management filters and forwards events and traps
- Customizable web-based UI
- Flexible dashboards for fault, availability and performance monitoring
OMNM 6.1 is available for a 30-day trial and purchase through Dell at http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/dell-openmanage-network-manager/pd or contact your Dell representative. Additional resources can be found on the Dell TechCenter OMNM Wiki
About Dorado Software
Dorado Software, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated Resource Management, Performance Monitoring and Service Orchestration software to monitor, provision, configure and manage IP network infrastructures, wireless IP, virtualized network functions and commercial services. Dorado Software's integrated suite of products, Redcell, lets operators configure, deploy, and monitor their pool of physical and virtual network resources, in addition to dynamically provision and monitor commercial services (including NFV, MPLS, MPLS video, IPTV) and mobile backhaul. By combining resource and service management with real-time monitoring, users have complete service-oriented, end-to-end operational visibility, and control over their entire networked environment. In addition, Dorado's extensible products and OEM commercial programs specific to manufacturers, like Dell, enable them to accelerate their time-to-market by packaging their management functions and managing their customers' expectations. For information about Dorado Software, visit http://www.doradosoftware.com or email email@example.com.
For more information on OMNM, please visit http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/dell-openmanage-network-manager/pd, or contact your Dell representative.
Dorado Software, Inc.
Phone: +1 916-673-1160
# # #
Dorado and Redcell are registered trademarks of Dorado Software, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For archived press releases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org