Redcell System Commander
Complete Data Center Control for System Administrators
Redcell System Commander provides a single unified view for health monitoring, compliance auditing, troubleshooting, patching and agentless management of multi-vendor client and server environments. Key functions include deep system discovery, inventory management and reporting, real-time configuration, health management, remote access and control, patch provisioning, and performance monitoring.
The deep discovery feature provides comprehensive visibility of server and client resources. This information is synchronized with the CMDB to provide a complete picture of assets and dependencies that can be represented in highly customizable reports. Additionally with Redcell, administrators can create and customize a variety of topology views in various formats. All views let the user gain additional environmental knowledge by "drilling down" with a mouse click to components within those that appear in topology.
Real-time device configuration management offers a normalized presentation for multi-vendor environments and can greatly reduce or even eliminate the need for maintaining, licensing, and training IT staff on the use of multiple point solutions. Redcell presents a single pane of glass view of the datacenter and provides IT administrators the power and flexibility to manage it via a customizable permission based graphical user interface (GUI).
System health monitoring and remote management is supported through a variety of ways including CIM indications and/or SNMP traps, and any system with a BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) compatible with IPMI v1.5 or above. IPMI allows a standards-based approach for monitoring health and remotely managing heterogeneous system types independent of both OS type and power state. Redcell can also integrate seamlessly into existing framework deployments by acting as a consolidation point for SNMP or SYSLOG events from previously deployed 3rd party agents.
Redcell's hardware and OS patch provisioning allows IT administrators to quickly and easily push BIOS, Firmware, OS Driver and security updates out to managed WindowsTM systems and groups of systems across the network from one central console. Being able to quickly identify and remediate servers that need to be patched improves the efficiency of IT resources, ensures system security and stability which lowers the risk of downtime. By selecting from the key performance indicators available in Redcell Systems Commander, you can monitor and chart key subsystems such as processor, memory, network interface and disks to identify bottlenecks, provide insights for redeploying applications, and identify systems that need to be upgraded, redeployed or retired.
Consistent with all Redcell products, the Redcell Systems Commander automates manual configuration processes with group operations---one-to-many capabilities that reduce errors and increase productivity. Examples of automation include applying configuration and security changes to groups of systems, OS/Firmware updates and many other operations.
- Tech Specs
System Commander Benefits
Increased Operational Efficiency
- Staffing needs and errors are reduced while performing daily tasks such as discovery, group operations, compliance and change management, health monitoring and problem resolution.
- Centrally registers and tracks all systems CI elements including their status, credentials, CI management attributes and relationships.
- Using CMDB and a common set of configuration primitives in a vendor and device independent manner shortens learning period and reduces chance of errors in day-to-day operations.
Fast Problem Resolution
- Single "pane of glass" view into deployed Windows, Linux and Virtual systems and clients allows for quick problem resolution without the use of multiple point tools.
- Mapping between physical and logical assets is maintained in centralized Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) and can be represented in highly customizable reports or via a topology view.
- Extensive event management system, live performance data and customizable performance monitoring aid in problem resolution.
Reduced Management Costs for Virtualized Infrastructure
- Supports both physical and virtual systems management using integrated CMDB and common set of tools and functions.
- Reduces expenses associated with multiple point solutions licenses and reduces learning curve.
- Mapping of virtual infrastructure to physical systems -- reduces or eliminates need for third party software.
System Commander Features
Easy Management Server Installation
- Consolidates deep management capabilities on a single server install, that accommodates lifecycle management needs for 1000s of devices.
- Upgrade options for distributed, clustered, or high availability deployments.
Agentless System Management
- Device Driver architecture provides deep insight and control of managed devices using standards based and vendor supplied instrumentation without agent deployment on managed systems.
- Monitoring for IPMI v1.5 capable systems allows for in/out of band monitoring and management independent of power or OS state.
Deep System Discovery
- Flexibility to discover your environment many different ways including via subnet, IP range, IP address or host name.
- Both physical and logical components are discovered for physical and virtual systems.
- Quickly detect changes to the IT environment through event-driven or proactive change monitoring.
- Provides comprehensive reporting of configuration changes-meaningful reports on what changed, who made the change, when the change was made and authorization status.
- Standards-based health management via WMI/CIM, SNMP, Syslog and IPMI Patching Provisioning and Compliance Auditing Consolidate remote deployment of system OS, FW, and BIOS patches.
Inventory Management and Reporting
- Advanced reporting capabilities for asset tracking and configuration management.
Remote Access and Control
- Direct-access management capability for added control and flexibility remotely control reboot, power cycling and power state on managed systems.
- Proactively monitor key system performance metrics to identify bottle necks and performance trouble spots.
- Visualize interrelationships of managed systems and underlying infrastructure down to the interconnect level.
- Customizable topology map for single site or multi-region geographical illustration.
- Group level change/compliance monitoring and reporting for IT resources Application Services groups for SLA/performance monitoring.
- WMI/CIM monitoring and configuration support for any server or sytem running Windows XP, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows Server 2003, Redhat ES Linux V4, V5, SuSe Linux 9,10, ESX 3.x (VMWare)
- SNMP monitoring for systems supporting SNMP v1/v2/v3
- Syslog message monitoring
- IPMI monitoring for systems with a IPMI v1.5 or later compatible BMC (Applicable to 8G and 9G servers)
- Hardware and OS patch provisioning on managed Windows systems
- Deep integration of hardware and OS patch provisioning
Operating Environments for installation
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003
- Sun Solaris 9, 1
- Redhat ES Linux v4
- SUSE Linux v10
- Embedded database or Oracle 9i, 10G, 10GRAC
- SNMPv1/v2/v3; CLI: Telnet/SSH, XML/SOAP/Web services, CIM/WMI/WBEM,HTTP/S
System Commander Downloads
|Dorado Redcell System Commander Datasheet (pdf)|