Redcell Traffic Flow Analyzer
Complete Visibility Into IP Traffic Behavior
Redcell Traffic Flow Analyzer provides complete visibility into IP traffic behavior, usage patterns and network utilization to help identify those users, applications, protocols and conversations that are consuming most of the network bandwidth. This unified solution leverages IP flow analysis to enhance the availability and performance monitoring functionality of Redcell.
When unauthorized or low priority applications hog the network, managers typically respond by increasing bandwidth capacity. Throwing more bandwidth at the problem doesn't always solve the issue, or prevent it from recurring. Unauthorized applications only absorb any additional bandwidth while business critical applications suffer from poor response times. This always results in unpredictable bandwidth availability and network instability that compromises application performance. One approach is to set rate limits to control bandwidth usage by certain traffic, but this lacks the necessary visibility to distinguish between application types and it adds significant administrative effort and processing overhead to the network infrastructure.
Redcell Traffic Flow Analyzer collects and deciphers existing IP traffic flows to determine which applications and/or users are most impacting network and application response times and service levels. It offers better administrative control of unauthorized traffic and protection of valuable bandwidth for critical and demanding business applications.
Redcell Traffic Flow Analyzer also provides comprehensive visibility and reporting of network utilization though deep insight of top usage patterns. It lets administrators pinpoint what applications are consuming the most network bandwidth, what conversations are involved and who are the most active users.
- Tech Specs
Traffic Flow Analyzer Benefits
Increased Network Utilization and Performance
- Comprehensive visibility into how users, applications and protocols consume valuable bandwidth. Presents information in easy-to-understand graphs and reports.
Make Better Infrastructure Investment Decisions
- Tighten control of network bandwidth and security to provide better QoS for business critical applications and avoid unnecessary expensive upgrades. Accurately analyze the impact of network performance and bandwidth on service deployments.
Resolve Problems Faster
- Integration of IP traffic flow analysis into the Redcell unified management solution allows for quick problem resolution without the use of multiple point tools. Quickly understand traffic-related problems in the network and assist administrators to be proactive in taking automated or manual actions to remediate issues. Pinpoint degraded network resources to prioritize and remediate problems quickly.
Increase Operational Efficiencies
- Reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) by leverage the existing infrastructure to expand the breadth, depth and coverage of the overall Redcell management system. Frees valuable resources to work on strategic tasks.
Reduce SW Expenses for Point Management Solutions
- Redcell's single-console management solution reduces the need for a separate IP Flow analysis tool. Reduces SW licenses, staffing and training expenses.
Traffic Flow Analyzer Features
- Deployment of flow collector.
- Enable (or disable) collector.
- Register (or un-register) managed device to accept flow data from.
- Support for drilling down on a report line item to view detailed data.
- Available for: Exporter, Application, Conversation, Endpoint, Protocol, Sender and Receiver.
- Drilldown further at each level for applicable top N report selections.
- Drill down makes it easy to locate the data of interest.
- Report header contains tracking information to provide context to allow 'rewind' back to a previous drilldown step to start another path.
- Directional data flow between endpoints in a conversation can be used to determine the primary source of traffic.
- Summary of traffic in a conversation is presented containing:
- Time of occurrence
- Amount of data
- Source endpoint
- Destination endpoint
- Chart display options: Bar, Line, Pie charts
- Reports can be saved as custom views to be launched at any time
- All reports include both a chart and tabular data with options to show chart only or data only on any given view.
- Other graphical charting modifications available include Colors and Legend
- Create Top N reports to see the top talkers, the most used applications or protocols.
- Top N Reports by bytes, packets, and other relative criteria, available for:
- Flexible time criteria available: absolute, specified and relative.
- Managed exporter details may be included in inventory reports including quantity and rate of flow data from device, and last date/time data was received.
- All reports can be executed immediately or on a schedule and the report output can be saved inPDF, HTML or CSV format.
- Configurable functional permissions:
- Exporter registration
- Enable/Disable accepting data from exporter
- Traffic Flow Reporting
- Create/View/Update/Delete saved reports
- Multiprotocol Support: NetFlow v5, NetFlow v9, JFlow, IPFIX
Management Interface Support
Device Support Examples:
- NetFlow, JFlow and IPFIX
- Force 10
Operating Environments for Installation (Enterprise Editions)
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003,Vista, 2008 Server
- Redhat ES Linux v4, 5
- SUSE Linux v9,10
Traffic Flow Analyzer Downloads
|Dorado Redcell Traffic Flow Anaylzer Datasheet (pdf)|